Tuesday, March 30, 2010

New Parts

I received the back and sides today in the mail. Hibdon Hardwoods kindly threw in a complementary matching Cocobolo bridge blank and headstock overlay set!!! Talk about good service, I'll definitely buy from them on future builds. Here are the two pieces, as well as a drawing for the bridge. The light in my apartment is really bad, and my flash is giving me problems so it is hard to make out the design. Unfortunately the bridge blank isn't large enough to do a one-piece with this design, however I have a couple ideas for working with this. Like I was told as a kid, "Never look a gift horse in the mouth." As a side note, I'm hoping to get a borrow a couple of my Grandpa's old hand planes to use on the build. They probably need a little polishing up, but should hopefully work well.



No comments:

Post a Comment