Friday, March 26, 2010

Step One

Official first post! This is my first build, and will probably take some time to complete. I now have the top and back and sides, but pretty much nothing else. Over the next couple months I'm going to collect the rest of the necessary supplies and tools. I'm going to be building this in my apartment, with no access to a wood shop (unless something changes in the intervening time). A couple of resources I will be using are http://acousticguitarbuild.blogspot.com, as well as William Cumpiano's guitar building bible (also see his site, http://www.cumpiano.com). Both sets of wood I purchased after surfing several sites for a while, and when I saw these sets come available I knew I had to snatch them up, as I had a gut feeling I wouldn't see the same beautiful sets again for a while.

Here is the top, Curly Redwood which I got from RC Tonewoods & Sons



Here are the back and sides, amazing "cloud figure" Cocobolo Rosewood I got from Hibdon Hardwood



Well enough for now, I'll post again once I've started to collect some more tools and parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment