Saturday, April 17, 2010

Rough Outline

Here is the rough outline for the guitar, bridge placement is correct however the soundhole location was just eyeballed for perspective, i'll probably move it back towards the bridge a bit. Next up is laying out the bracing scheme, then I'll get the materials to make my template, and this thing may start taking shape. I've been really busy with other things lately and haven't had much time to mess with this project. Oh also I'm going to scrap the baritone idea, and make this a 14 fret, 25.5" scale. Also I'm considering getting a pre-made neck from Hanalei Moon to save alot time, and ensure a good fit. Besides, they have some awesome options.

The body design for this is inspired by two designs: most prominently, Simon Fay's "Modern OM" style, which although I've never had the opportunity to get my hands on one, they are beautiful guitars. The second is Taylor's GS series, which are dynamic, great sounding guitars. The main difference here is that the body is extended, and slightly widened. I haven't decided on the depth for this guitar yet, but here are the dimensions visible below:

Upper Bout: 11-7/8"
Waist: 10-3/16"
Lower Bout: 16-1/4"

No comments:

Post a Comment