Friday, March 26, 2010

Specs

Here are my initial specs, subject of course to change. I'm still debating scale length (700 vs. 750 mm), trapeze vs. standard bridge etc., but here is a start:

Baritone Guitar Specs

Top: Curly Redwood
B&S: Cocobolo Rosewood
Body: Jumbo (w/ deeper body than standard)
Binding: Curly Koa
Neck: Honduran Mahogany
Neck Width: 1 7/8"
Fingerboard: Ebony (Alt. Ziricote)

Misc.: BWB Purfling, abalone heastock inlay, Ziplflex blue paua body binding, no fret inlays, gold frets, gold waverly tuners w/ ebony buttons, flamed koa end wedge and back graft, ebony headstock overlay, African blackwood and abalone rosette, ebony bridge, ebony pins w/abalone dots, bone nut and saddle, scalloped x-braced top, ladder braced back, oval shoulder soundport

Here are a couple photos, first a concept drawing for the headstock (the "M" inlay has been scrapped, still working on something for that) and the second is of my drafting gear



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a pretty guitar. I'm jealous! Great idea with the blog. I know at least three guys (myself included) that think building guitars is awesome.

    ReplyDelete