Saturday, April 24, 2010

Shooting Board

Just put together my shooting board to join the top and back plates (never noticed until now, but why do we call it that instead of "front and back" or "top and bottom"? Just another oddity to love). I'm a little concerned about the length, but if it doesn't work I'll switch the stops. Per Steve Summerford's blog, I also chose to use a big enough sheet of MDF to double as a workboard for gluing the plates and anything else that may come up. I ended up getting this old wooden jointer plane off of ebay for cheap (I won't list the price, but lets just say it was a single digit). I have a feeling I'll need to true the sole and make a few other adjustments, but that's a small price to pay for using a unique tool. Unfortunately that's one of the sale photos with the shop in the background.....too bad that didn't come with the auction...



No comments:

Post a Comment